Training & Planning (3 or 4 days)
- All aspects of the DofE Bronze Common Training Framework.
- Navigation Training Walk.
- Countryside Code.
- Observation & Recording.
- Expedition First Aid & Emergency Management.
- Identify & Manage Risks.
- Impact of weather.
- Team Building.
- Kit & Rucksack Packing.
- Tent Pitching & Campsite Management.
- Cooking & fuel safety.
- Food & Menu Planning.
- Route Planning Workshop.
- Includes at least 1 overnight camp.
- Either 1-day Expedition Simulation or 2-day Practice Expedition. Put into practice what you have learnt by undertaking a remotely supervised journey.
- Training delivered by our team of qualified & friendly Expedition Leaders.
- Review & debrief at end of expedition to highlight successes and adjustments.
Qualifying Expedition (2 days)
- 2-days, 1-night including overnight camp.
- Supervised by our team of qualified & friendly Expedition Leaders.
- Achieve your Aim.
- Fulfil the DofE 20 Expedition Conditions.
- Comprehensive review & debrief at end of expedition with your Assessor.
- Personalised Assessor Reports uploaded to eDofE.
All Packages include:
- Participants & Parents Information Presentation
- Online Factsheets including kit lists, menu ideas and other key information.
- Camp site fees for all participants & 2 school staff performing pastoral duties included.
- Inclusive use of our Group Equipment - tents, stoves, maps, map cases and group first-aid kits.
- Includes all fuel (gas cylinders compatible with our Trangia stoves).
- Dedicated admin and organisation that is "second-to-none".
- Participant Joining Instructions prior to each event.
- Generic & Area-Specific Risk Assessments.
- Public Liability Insurance (£10million), AALA and AAP Licences.
- Expedition On-Call Support – dedicated “home contact” support during expeditions.
Fancy canoeing instead? We offer Bronze Canoeing Expedition programmes with journeys taking place along the Midlands canal network.
All Canoe Expedition packages include our standard package as above plus all paddle skills training from our qualified Paddlesport Leaders. Packages also include canoes, paddles, buoyancy aids, dry bags, throw lines and all canal licences.