Open DofE Gold Canoeing
Our Open Expeditions by Canoe are a unique way of doing your DofE Expedition on some of the UK’s picturesque rivers. Participants do not need to have any previous canoeing experience as our comprehensive Training Programme will take you from the raw beginner to a competent paddler. However, all participants must be able to competently swim at least 50 metres for safety reasons.
Training & Practice Expedition
£339.00 pp (inc. VAT)
5-days: Planning & training covering all aspects of the DofE Paddle Skills & British Canoe syllabus over 2 days. This is followed by a 3 day, 2 night Practice Expedition to consolidate your skills and prepare you for your Qualifying Expedition.
8 March 2020: Planning Workshop (Nottingham)
14-17 April 2020: River Soar & Trent
£339.00 pp (inc. VAT) - River Severn or Wye
£399.00 pp (inc. VAT) - Caledonian Canal
5-days: Day 1 is a travel & pre-expedition preparation day with overnight camping accommodation. Days 2 - 5 is your Qualifying Expedition (4 days, 3 nights).
Our Caledonian Canal expeditions include an overnight accommodation in bunkhouse prior to Qualifying Expedition.
22-26 July 2020: River Severn
Also included as standard:
- Online Factsheets including kit lists, menu ideas and other key information.
- Supervision and training by our team of qualified Canoe Expedition Leaders.
- Camp site fees, river licences and launch fees.
- Group Kit – tents, stoves, fuel, maps, map cases, group first aid kit.
- Paddle Kit – canoes, paddles, buoyancy aids, helmets, throwlines, paddlesport dry bag set.
- Public Liability Insurance of £10million, AALA Licence and DofE AAP Licence.
- Expedition On-Call Support – dedicated “home contact” support during expeditions.
DofE Expedition Information
All our DofE training is based on the DofE's Common Training Framework at each level. Canoeing Training also incorporates the Paddle Skills Training.
All our expeditions are subject to the DofE's 20 Expedition Conditions.
Please click on the buttons to access these documents.